Salt and Light: A New Passion

    

                                                                   Salt and Light: A New Passion




Hey Friends!  I am so sorry I have not written in a long time!  I am going to work on managing my time wiser.

     So, a lot has happened since I last wrote.  Here is a list of some things that happened in my own life. (It is just easier for me to make a list than write something as long as a book).

1. God opened up a door for me to go to Malaysia on a mission trip!
2. I started at a new school in January.
3. The new school I was at did not work out so I am at Arrows Academy right now.
4. I am in the SALT (Student Ambassador Leadership Team) group at my church.
5. While being in SALT, God has challenged me by giving opportunities like, teaching a devotion and I will soon be giving my testimony to my Youth Group.
6. God has revealed to me to not have self-pity.
7. God has strengthened my trust in Him!
8. God is teaching me to share the gospel with others and not just keep it to myself.
9. He is stirring a passion and desire for Him and to share with others!

       As you can see, God is doing miraculous things in my life! I can not praise Him enough. He has and IS opening so many doors for me.

      On Christmas Eve, I told my mom that I hope this year will be better and that God was telling me that God would open many doors.  And oh my goodness, that is just what the Lord is doing!

      This morning at school we had Assembly (its like Chapel) and two of my friends spoke about being the salt and light and it really spoke to me.  They also elaborated on not just being a Christian who sits around and doesn't tell anyone about the Gospel. At church tonight, my awesome youth pastor was preaching on evangelism and sharing the gospel. God was speaking to me so strongly that my legs were weak, I was shaking, and my heart was beating out of my chest.  The thing was, was that I did not know exactly what God was saying to me.  I knew that it had to do with sharing the gospel. Since I did not know what God was saying exactly, I asked my Youth Pastor and he told me some things that made a lot of sense to me. He also said he was not sure what God was saying exactly and told me to stay in The Word. As I got in the car to go home, I was still feeling the Holy Spirit speaking.  When I got home, I immediately started reading my Bible.  What God told me may sound simple but truly was amazing to me!  When I was about to read, I did not know what to read so I just flipped to a chapter; guess what the chapter was?  Matthew 5.  Matthew 5 has the passage where it talks about being Salt and Light.  But being the doubtful, sinful human I am, I still was not sure, so I kept flipping.  The next chapter I turned to was Mark 4:21 titled; "Using Your Light."  WOAH!  Man, I had no doubt then what God was saying!  He was saying, "Christen, use the gift I gave you. Use my Light to shine through You. Share with others what I am doing and have done."

     This experience was a spiritual awakening for me.  It awakened me out of my dryness.  I was not going through anything bad, I was just in need of a spiritual food and God provided that for me!  God started a new passion and excitement for sharing the Gospel with others.

      Take to heart that wherever you may be in your walk with the Lord, know that He is bigger, stronger, capable, and will get you through whatever you are going through.  God promised His children that He is making something new and will make something more beautiful, glorious, and wonderful than you could ever imagine!  Just trust. If I could go back and change one thing, I would change my stubbornness to trust God.  If you take one away from this I hope it will be that God will use you, He is calling you to share the Gospel more, and He will get you through this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Is Faithful

Loving Yourself