Beyond Treasured




                                                              Placing Your Worth In the Wrong Places
   
             As a teenage girl, it is a struggle to place my worth in the wrong places.  I know I am not alone in this because of the way society has morphed our brains.  Some of the things we can place our worth in is how many guys like you, social media, how many friends we have, what others think of us, our weight, our past, and our academic levels.  These are (sadly) just a handful of what us girls place our worth in.  God did not intend us to do this.  He created YOU for a specific mission only you can do.  God created women to be beautiful beings to glorify Him.  1 Samuel 16:7 says; “Do not consider his appearance or his height... The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” From reading this verse, (there are plenty of other verses like this in the Bible) we can learn that God does not look at the outside.  If Christ is your Savior, When He looks at you, He sees a pure, beautiful, strong, and beyond treasured daughter that He can call His own.  Our worth is found in Christ's unfailing love.  Let go of those things that you are placing your worth in. 


                                                             What Is True Love?

                   
True love is something every teenage girl thinks about.  We all want that special someone in our life.  God has taught me many things about true love the past year. 

            Growing up in a Christian, conservative home, I was taught that when I developed feelings for a guy, I should, as my parents said, “Put it to sleep”.  These few words have been running through my head my whole life.  If we choose to “put it to sleep” it will save much heartbreak, and save our love for that special man in our future that God has chosen for us. 

            Everyone has had crushes, but when I had my most recent crush, I was obsessing over him, constantly thinking about him, and putting him before my relationship with Christ.  This is when we need to put it to sleep.  I would pray every single night for this guy and I would ask for things that were out of God’s will.  Even though God told me multiple times to give my feelings for this guy over to Him, I would refuse.  The first time God told me this, He used Song of Solomon 8:4, which states to not stir up or awaken love until the appropriate time.  When I read this, I was in shock because after praying for this guy I realized that I was going against God’s will.  I was so distracted by this boy, I was unable to give God my undivided attention, which is an enormous problem.  This is the reason it is not a wise choice to awaken love at a point in your life where your focus is off God. 
            Love is a strong and powerful word.  Imagine if that one guy you like said “I love you”, it makes you feel special, loved, beautiful, and worthy.  If we gave our love out to every attractive guy, then we would be so used to loving guys that when we do find our soul mate, we are used to that feeling.  Therefore, we need to be careful with love. 

            Timing is everything as people say, which is true, especially when it comes to love.  If you have prayed, spent time in the word, and God has told you that this is the right time and person to love, then we can give out our love.  When the time is right, then God will bring that person you have always desired.  If we just wait for that man, we would get many rewards emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Put your focus on God and I promise that He will reveal everything you need to know about your love life.

            True love is something most of us want, the question is; will we ever find it.  And the answer is yes!  We are all offered true love!  The only love that will fill every whole, or missing part is the love that Christ offers.  His love is the only love that will perfectly fill all the pieces that were broken or torn out.  God can replace all that hurt, pain, and all unworthy feelings we may have.  When we turn our lives over to God, all the pieces fit together.  When you chose God over that person or thing that you have raised higher than God, He will see what you did for Him and honor that.  If you wait for that soul mate while having God as your main focus, God will work out every detail to perfection.  Even if it is not God’s will for you to have a husband, you will be content with the love that the Lord offers.  God’s love is the only love that will be consistent.  He is the only one that will pour over your soul and fill it with love, comfort, and ultimate satisfaction.  God has taught me that no matter what my future holds, I will be satisfied with Christ, have everything I need, and feel loved.

            Whether you are reading this before bed, or in the morning, if you feel unloved or convicted to let go of that crush, to let go of that one thing that is holding you back, or if you are in an ungodly romantic relationship and need to get out of it, I encourage you to open up the Bible, read Song of Solomon 8:4. Ask yourself what that thing is that has put you and God’s relationship to a holt.  Also, ask God what His will is for you to do.  Remember that your beyond treasured and your worth is found in Christ, not boys, or anything else.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Is Faithful

Loving Yourself

Salt and Light: A New Passion